Tuesday 27 August 2013

why i am never going to be a cleaning lady

ok, heres the deal.... I am always cleaning my place, in fact some times im actually really anal about how clean it is. dirtiness really drags me down and grosses me out. i might also be a little OCD about germs. i can handle my families germs to s point, but im telling you if i have to clean someone elses mess that isnt my blood, and im going to be totally disgusted and desperate to scrub my body clean.

Heres a little moment of horror for me ,  firstly i will get the weight in results out of the way, i gained 200 grams but seeings that i am at TTOTM and have been seriously stock piling toilet deeds  for unknown reasons i am not concerned, I have also gotten back into my training , carefully not over doing it. 
This brings me to my tale ,  My Step sister had a friend in need,  someone who was to go on holidays for a couple of weeks and needed someone  to do some cleaning for her while she was away. My Stepsister would normally do this  but was not able to get a baby sitter.( in hindsight i should have said, "here let me look after bub while you help your friend") i never was good thinking on the go lol. Anyway  it was decided that i would help, i mean its only and hour and a half and  and i clean every day , , i can go at my own pace and will breeze through it...  I really can be naive sometimes , 

I was to sweep and mop the floors of many toilets and showers, why? because it was a backpackers hostel, noooooooooo.  some of these people have no respect for anything. what a huge shock to my delicate system. Now being a mother of 5 i am used to many gross things, i have been pooped on, whizzed on, vomited and bled on. You name it my kids have dealt it for me. I was not born with a cast iron stomach , so i often have a seriously  strange look on my face during these moments,, nostrils flared, face wincing like i can smell shite.  this is my usual omg  i see something really disgusting face. well I was wearing that face proudly today and i think they may have noticed. I am not sure if it started before i was emptying bins and vacuuming two flights of carpet and stairs, or after i swept up toilet paper cover in crap  and a used sanitary item big enough to float a small country on... ARRRR HELLL No

I,ts all true , for almost 2 hours i grimaced myself around the hostel, head down , headset playing my beats and a face like i smelled dog crap. 
I had no trouble from the few wondering backpackers that were there as  i think they were rather intimidated by the surly faced , mumbling middle aged chick , racing around like the road runner  tut tutting at their mess. 

They were keeping a cleared area around me at all times, no eye contact, im sure it must have looked like a scene out of mission impossible, me trudging around and them doing all they can to avoid any contact at all with my fury, shimmying down stairs, backs against walls sliding  back away from my direction screaming at each other to run for their lives. Indeed they should have, i have never been more disgusted in people as i was today. who  taught them to be so disrespectful to the place they are living , regardless of what its like. 

I will never in my life choose that as my employ. I was not built for it,  The constant conversations in my head to keep me going were crazy lol, my vertigo was aware of all the stairs so i shut it down as fast as i could, i kept my headset on, kept my eyes down and pushed forward, i have no idea how many stairs i went up and down but  i felt the burn , thats for sure.  As soon as i finished i lathered my hands and arms in antibacterial lotion and drove home, threw my clothes off and showered, i scrubbed myself top to bottom, i rang mum and told her i have been violated by airborne organisms, i swear there is a green spiral shaped germ up my nose multiplying as we speak.  I take my hat off to those that do this kind of work every day, you are real troopers , but after i have finished sitting in my corner rocking back and forth not sucking my thumbs i will happily tidy up my kids messes. bring on the chewing gum wads and the little cut up bits of paper, and the odd apple core.  You can keep your disease ridden backpacker germs thanks . 
I suppose the good thing was that i was  working so hard to get the hell out of there that i burned 600 cals , lol way to go.   

i have been doing quite a lot of rearranging and spring cleaning at home  and thought wow what a mess when i saw dust bunnies, i think i will take it easier on the kids from now on after what i saw today.. some things cannot be unseen,  Must go and cross off cleaner on my  jobs to try list... next, ahhhh , crocodile rustling.

No comments:

Post a Comment