Sunday 23 June 2013

What makes me feel good on the inside?

yes this is my third post in as many days, aren't you guys lucky? or not, depends if you like reading them. 
Sometimes when I'm feeling a little off i like to remind myself of the things that make me happy or that I'm grateful for . Most of these things are from nature and will be simple things like  big white fluffy thunder clouds in an otherwise perfect sky. Beautiful flowers with rain drops on them, the smell of my vege patch when I'm watering them. 
Being able to cook my family a special meal. The  way my kids play or talk, or make each other laugh. 
The sweet little love notes my youngest son writes for me just to tell me he loves me to the moon and back. 
Singing my fave songs, or better still hearing one of them come on the radio when I'm driving and i can crank it up and sing like noone can hear me.
Or when i can crank it up at home and dance like noone can see me, throwing my arms around if i want , just feeling the beat and letting go. 

Having a really tasty meal that makes me moan as I'm chewing, yup i do that and I'm sure it embarrasses anyone around me lol, 
That sweet taste of a square of dark choccy i allow myself each night after a job well done, i eat in in 6 bites , savouring the flavour and enjoying the moment. 
Snuggling up with Damian on a cold night and hearing the sweet things he says to me even after  all  this time. 
Speaking of Damian, he is one of my major  inspirations for my happiness moments after my kiddies. I just need to think of all the times he has surprised me with sweet gifts and love notes or loving texts just to say he is thinking of me, or he appreciates me , or that he loves me. These are the moments you cherish as a woman, when your man makes you feel like the only girl in the world. 
This weekend has been a big one for me emotionally and i had a really rough time on Friday morning, i will blog about that incident involving the owner of Harvey Norman in another post. Due to this and a very heavy training day on Saturday i was a wreck, emotional and exhausted , i was feeling the pull of anxiety trying to claim hold but it didn't win, i was not letting a few hard moments ruin my inner happiness.
 Damian knew i had really been battered around, including  by myself and my dance class and training session straight after ( i need to ease up on that , my body did not like me after it ) i was hardly able to move at all, let alone function and it was Damian that guided me to the car and took me to a beautiful lunch that was just what i needed,
 It was exactly what my body was craving and i felt alot better after it. He made sure my weekend was filled with things that would make me happy, we went shopping, made another vege patch, went fishing,  And through it all i was realising , it wasn't the activities themselves that was making me feel good and loved and even cherished, it was his consideration and care and company that made it all feel so good. 
Even if we were just at my place doing nothing  his demeanour towards me was the winner. So there are a million things i can list that i use to inspire happiness in me , but the most important one is gratefulness, I have learned that i get the most happiness from things i am grateful for  because without gratitude there is no way of bringing forth the things in life you deserve to you. 

I treat my relationship with the same respect, i am grateful to have him, i am grateful for the things he says and does to and for me , and its this gratitude  that brings with it love, trust and all those other wonderful things that makes a relationship a lasting one. 

What else makes me smile and feel happy, tonight when i stepped out of the bathroom after blow drying my hair, Damian was there  welcoming me with a warm hug and leading me to my office, when i got there i saw a beautiful   bunch of red roses and a loving note, for no other reason that he loves me and enjoys seeing me smile :) 

There are many things that make me smile, too many for me to list. you have seen but a small portion of them, even the way mum and i laugh together when working out, will always make me smile later as i think about it. Its these things that become inspiration to get fitter, stronger and healthier so i can enjoy them all for as long as i possibly can.. I hope you all have found your reasons to smile xx

No comments:

Post a Comment